+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dixie Floor Pan

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Dixie Floor Pan

I have an older model 60" Chopper I picked up. Its missing the floor pan. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what thay had done to fix it? Build my own? Buy one? Any suggestions and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone?>

3. Join Date
    Jul 2002
    I have not come across anyone that has built there own floor pan but if you had the time and tools you could make one but if you have no time or the tools to do it floor pans are available at your Dixie Chopper dealers parts dept just give them you model number and year of unit and they will get you what you need. Hope this helps

4. Join Date
    Dec 2001
    If you have extra money, then buy it from Dixie.

If not, I?d get right on the phone and call some sheet metal shops. Getting the stainless steel and bending it will not be a problem. The problem will be finding a model.

I would try to find someone who would be willing to borrow their floor pan to you to copy. Any good sheet metal shop should be able to draw up a plan from another floor pan in just a little bit of time. Then they could schedule making it when it would be convenient.

Get a quote and see --- I bet you will pay one-half the cost of a DC pan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2001
    If money is tight you could make one out of plywood lickity-split. If you want one made from stainless you would be better off buying one from Dixie. Most metal shops don't have the machines it takes to shear stainless that big.
    Dixie Chopper
    The World's Fastest Lawn Mower

It's Not Just Something They Say

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was considering making it out of aluminum diamond plate instead of stainless

+ Reply to Thread