+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda GX200 6.5 HP engine carb adjustments?

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Honda GX200 6.5 HP engine carb adjustments?

I've got a NorthStar pressure washer [Northern Tool brand] that has a 6.5HP Honda GX200 engine on it and lately the engine hasn't been running right. It won't run full throttle when the choke is in the off position - it just chokes out entirely. Plus, the engine won't start when it is warm without choking it. I thought for a while that it maybe a problem with the pump but after taking the pump off the engine and doing some investigation, I can turn the pump freely by hand so I'm thinking it's an engine problem. My question is - is there a carb adjustment that governs the air/fuel mix? All I see are set screws that control idle speed and high speed. I've got other pieces of equipment that have Honda engines and so far I am baffled as to why this particular engine is giving me trouble. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    It should be covered under warranty although you probably may have to call Honda for a dealer who will work on it.Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by DC Service
    It should be covered under warranty although you probably may have to call Honda for a dealer who will work on it.Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that I can tackle this myself as I do most of the service on my power equipment. I guess a trip to the bookstore is in order for this weekend to track down a repair manual.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I think the bookstore will not have what you need call Honda

+ Reply to Thread