+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone install headlights on your Dixie?

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Anyone install headlights on your Dixie?

I was just wondering if anyone has installed headlights or if Dixie makes a kit for it. I was thinkin of going to the parts store and getting a set of self enclosure fog lights and putting them on my Dixie.

Anyone else tried it?
    Rob - Portland, Tennessee
    Construction Business Owner
    Dixie Chopper SE LT2000-44" - 20HP Kohler
    John Deere GS30-36" w/Velke - 14HP Kawasaki

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003

As long as you don't exceed 25 amps, and they are properly wired,lights will extend your mowing day till after dark.Make sure you mount them where they won't get damaged,or interfere with the safe operation of your mower.Post a pic when you are done.
    DC Service

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It'll be a couple of days or until I get time, but I'll post some pics 25 watts should do it Thanks DCS

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    This may sound strange, but when I mounted lights the lower they were on the mower the better I could see the lawn for cutting. By the way it still takes getting used to for after dark cutting.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    I mounted two 35 watt aftermarket tractor lights on the square front tube. Works great.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I was thinkin of getting some little square fog lights from like advance auto parts. I am not going to get some expensive piaa lights or anything. I wanted to put them on the underside of the front frame. Maybe get some self tapping bolts, or some U-Bolts. I don't want them up top b/c they will get in the way of the flip up floor pan, and I don't want them too close the the casters. I thought about doing this (sorry for the bad pic...I don't have any cool art programs on here).

I'll probably go buy some today or tomorrow.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I had two 55 watt lights installed on my exmark for night time mowing. It was the shiznit. I would mow all my residentials during the day, then catch the commercials last. Replacement bulbs were just generic 55w fog lamp bulbs and easy to get. I loved the position of the lights too. They lit up everything in front of you while never creating a shadow. It would be easy to fab your own.
    Andrew

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Rob, as long as the lights don't interfere with the front wheels turning,that would be an OK location to mount your lights.
    DC Service

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I dont trailer my DC very much at all but I drive it to the jobs many times. Im in traffic alot, so I have added a flasher that can be seen from the rear and the front. Also to comply with the ag/farm transpertation laws for traviling on city road ways I have added a reflective triangel.
    As soon as I get this thing out of my shop I will take a pic.
    I dont think Im 100% leagle, but at least I am showing some attempt to be safe.
    I mow for the City and County, and have turned in front of a city police. He looked at real funny till I used my hand signle to turn. I guess Im ok for now. Im shure if I had head lights might helps. But as I read the law, there a must for driving at dusk and after dark.

+ Reply to Thread